Well, it’s hard to believe but July is here. With July usually comes the hottest days of the year. That is why July is often known as “The Dog Days of Summer.” This expression, in part, means that even the dogs are disparaging the extreme heat and are longing for relief. For us, however, July should be a month of joyful celebration.
So, what exactly are we celebrating?
- We are celebrating that all of Calvary’s air conditioners are currently working (at least at the time of printing this newsletter J).
- We are celebrating our church being fully staffed for the first time since last summer.
- We are celebrating the wonderful new people that God has recently brought our way.
- We are celebrating a chance to see and hear from Ryan and Callie Perkins (Sun. July 3).
- We are celebrating times for relaxation and vacation for many of our families.
- We are celebrating a mission team returning to Helena, AR to serve with our longtime mission partners.
- We are celebrating Vacation Bible School and the spiritual fruit that it always brings.
- We are celebrating ministry planning for Calvary’s future.
- We are celebrating our nation’s independence along with the freedoms that we enjoy in this country.
So, Calvary family. Even though it’s the dog days of summer, let’s not forget to celebrate.
Psalm 118:24 (ESV)
24 This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.