In the Great Commission, Jesus commanded the church to go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey all that Jesus commanded (Matt. 28:19-20).
Calvary lives out this commission by serving people outside of our church with Gospel-centered ministry. These ministries include meeting needs in the name of Christ while sharing the Gospel message of salvation and transformation through discipleship. They include working alongside missionaries, pastors, and church planters in the name of Jesus Christ in order to obey his Great Commission.
Specifically, Calvary’s mission vision is based on Acts 1:8:
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
- Our Jerusalem is Little Rock (Local)
- Our Judea is the state of Arkansas (Regional)
- Our Samaria is the United States (National)
- Our Ends of the Earth is the World (Global)
Calvary currently supports numerous local, regional, national, and global mission partnerships. These include:
Calvary’s Jerusalem Mission Ministries (Local Missions):
- Phoenix House
- Calvary/Mt. Zion At-Risk Youth Mentoring Program
- Little Rock’s Pregnancy Resource Center
- Our House
- Pulaski Baptist Association
- Benevolence Mission Ministries:
- Healing Waters Outreach Center
- Dorcas House
- Little Rock Compassion Center
- Union Rescue Mission
- St. Mark Thanksgiving Meal for the Homeless
Our Judean Mission Ministries (Regional Missions)
- Together for Hope (Helena, AR)
- The Arkansas Baptist State Convention
- The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Arkansas
- The Dixie Jackson Offering for Arkansas Missions
Our Samaritan Mission Ministries (National Missions)
- The North American Mission Board
- Church Partnership with a North American Church Planter
- The Annie Armstrong Offering for North American Missions
Our Ends of the Earth Mission Ministries (Global Missions)
- The International Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention
- Global Missions through the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship
- Agape Church in Turkey
- Church Partnership with an International Missionary
- Operation Christmas Child
- The Lottie Moon Christmas Offering for International Missions
Calvary members may get involved in these mission ministries through prayer, financial giving to one of our mission offerings, serving on a Missions Ministry Team, participating in a mission project, or going on a short-term mission trip.
Additionally, everyone who supports Calvary financially is participating in Calvary’s mission vision. This is because Calvary tithes 10% of all financial offerings given to the church’s general operating budget to missions.
Hmong Church Partnership
Our Hmong mission church has met on our campus for more than 25 years. Many of the Hmong children attend our Sunday School classes and children's ministry activities. We also offer Bible studies and a worship service for the adult Hmong brothers and sisters in Christ.